The Writer's Digest 6th Annual Short Short Story Competition
The Writer's Digest is looking for fiction that's bold, brilliant...but brief. Send us your best in 1,500
words or fewer.
But don't be too long about it—the deadline is Thursday, December 01, 2005.
First Place: $3,000
Second Place: $1,500
Third Place: $500
Tenth Place: $100
Eleventh Through Twenty-Fifth Place: $50 gift certificate for Writer's Digest Books
* The First-Place winner has the option of a FREE "Best Seller Publishing Package" from Trafford Publishing.
* The names and story titles of the First-through Tenth-Place winners will be printed in the June 2006 Writer's Digest,
and winners will receive the 2006 Novel & Short Story Writer's Market.
The 6th Annual Writer's Digest SHORT SHORT STORY COMPETITION COLLECTION is sponsored by Trafford
The 1st- through 25th-place manuscripts will be printed in a special competition collection, published by Trafford Publishing. Use the entry form to order your copy or purchase a copy online using a credit card. Order now to receive the 50%-off, pre-publication special price. (Publication date: May, 2006. You are
not required to purchase the collection to enter the competition.)
For entrants paying with a credit card, we will accept manuscripts submitted online.
1. The competition is open to manuscripts of 1,500 words or fewer. Entries outside the word limitation will be disregarded.
Type the word count on the first page of your entry along with your name, address, phone number and email address.
2. The entry fee is $12 per manuscript. You may enter as many manuscripts as you wish. You may send one check (in
U.S. funds) and one entry form for all entries. If you are submitting your entry via regular mail, you may send one check (in U.S. funds) and one entry
form for all entries.
3. All entries must be in English, original, unpublished, and not submitted elsewhere until the winners are announced.
Writer's Digest reserves the one-time publication rights to the 1st-t through 25th-place winning entries to be published in
a Writer's Digest publication.
4. If you are submitting your entry via regular mail, all entries must be typewritten and double-spaced on one side
of 8-1/2 x 11 or A4 white paper. Manuscripts will not be returned.
5. Entries must be postmarked by Thursday, December 01, 2005.
6. Winners will be notified by February 10, 2006. If you have not been contacted by this date, you may assume that
your entry is not a finalist and may be marketed elsewhere.
7. Enclose a self-addressed, stamped postcard with your entry if you want to be notified of its receipt. We cannot
notify you personally of your story's status before the winners are announced. If entering online, you will receive a confirmation email for each entry you submit.
8. Winners' names will appear in the June 2006 issue of Writer's Digest magazine. Their names and story titles
will be posted at www.writersdigest.com.
9. The following are not permitted to enter the competition: employees of F&W Publications, Inc., and their
immediate families and Writer's Digest contributing editors and correspondents as listed on the masthead.
Occasionally we make portions of our customer list available to other companies so they may contact
you about products and services that may be of interest to you. If you prefer we withhold your name, simply send a note with
your name, address and the competition name to: List Manager, F&W Publications, 4700 East Galbraith Road, Cincinnati,
Trafford Publishing is proud to sponsor the 6th annual Writer's Digest Short Short Story Competition Collection. We love helping make
author's dreams come true. In fact, since 1995 Trafford Publishing has helped more than 5,000 authors publish over 7,000 new titles around the world. If your short story is part of a book
or you have a separate manuscript you want to publish we welcome you to visit our website or give us a call—we'll even send you a free guide which explains how publishing your book is easier than you might
We wish you all the best with your contest submission.
toll-free: 1-888-232-4444 ext 1587